01. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
02. When they splutter, add the green chillies, Bengal gram dhal and the ginger paste and sauté well.
03. Now, lower the flame. Add the rava and mix it well.
04. Add the grated carrots, ginger paste, coconut, coriander leaves, salt, baking soda and curd and blend it all well. Keep this mixture undisturbed to ferment for thirty minutes.
05. Grease the idli moulds with oil and place a nut in the centre of each mould.
06. Pour the batter into each idli mould and steam for 15 minutes, as is done for the regular idlis. Serve hot.